About Me

Friday, August 3, 2012

July Spending

July absolutely flew by. I worked a ton which was great! I got a settlement for my car which went into savings. I celebrated my 27th birthday! D bought me new snorkelling gear for scuba diving and took me on a dive. We saw the fireworks, watched Spiderman, went on a date to a restaurant in town we've been wanting to go to forever. We went boating several times, and swimming. We went to Ribfest and my cousin and I made a bunch of treats for D's golf weekend with the boys.


July was an awesome month income-wise. I included the settlement as income, as well as tips, wages, and the paycheques I received from teaching.

Rent (19%) ACTUAL: 4%
Hydro (3%) 1%
Internet (3%) 1% 
Laundry (2%) <1 nbsp="nbsp" span="span">
Car and Gas (11%) ACTUAL: 2%
Phone (3%) ACTUAL: 1%
Food (8%) ACTUAL: 1%
Restaurant (3%) ACTUAL: 1%
Personal/Medical (4%) ACTUAL 2% Dentist appointment - no cavities!
Clothing (5%) ACTUAL: 0%
Gifts (5%) ACTUAL <1 br="br">Education (2%) ACTUAL 0%
Entertainment (3%) ACTUAL 1%
Everything Else (5%) ACTUAL: 1% Shoe rack, SD card, yoga mat, weights


TOTAL (73%) ACTUAL 17% I am sooo happy with this amount! Way under budget! Definitely helps when your income is much higher than usual.

TFSA (15%) ACTUAL: 27% Started new "Future TFSA" since I have maxed out the other one
Christmas (3%) ACTUAL: 3% Fully funded now!
Camera (3%) ACTUAL: 0%
RRSP (5%) ACTUAL: 8%
Travel Fund (3%) ACTUAL: 0%

TOTAL (28%) ACTUAL 38% I also managed to save $550 toward a gift to my parents. I have been saving all my $50 and $100 bills from work and it goes toward that fund so it's not a big shock to my bank account taking it all out at once. So if we included that, my savings would actually have been 46%!



I think August will be another great month. I plan on working as much as I can but also hope to have some fun with friends and D. Hope your July went well! 

1 comment:

  1. Boating sounds like fun!

    Thanks for reminding me, I also have to start my Christmas fund.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete