About Me

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back To School

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

School starts for the kids in one week. That means that I am hopefully going to start receiving supply calls shortly after that. I cannot wait. I need to get back into the classroom. I have been reading a lot this summer and wish I had been more productive but it has gone by surprisingly fast. I am ready to start work again but wouldn't mind if this awesome weather stuck around for a bit longer.

I have my first P.D. day tomorrow. It's a half day and the drive is an hour away but we get paid to go and it should be informative. A fellow supply teacher called me this morning and we are going to carpool. She is going to drive so I will give her some money for that.

Today I read a lot of this Greg Isles book that D suggested for me. It's been good so far. It's called Footprints of God and it's about a secret project where a small team is creating a supercomputer. At first I didn't think I would enjoy it, but it's been pretty fast-paced and interesting so far.

I really want to get back into sewing. I think I may go to Fabricland on Thursday and pick out some fabric to make a rag quilt. I still have a gift certificate from last Christmas that is waiting to be used up. I think I may even get started on a Christmas project I want to make. I am sometimes really slow at finishing projects so the earlier I start the better. Afterall, Christmas is less than 4 months away now.

My boss at the rec centre also said that I could come in to work with a child care supervision program they have 4 mornings a week starting after Labour Day. That would be good to get a bit of extra income until the supply calls start coming in and they find a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment