About Me

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Class! Long Weekend Activities

I signed up for a new class. It's American Sign Language 103. It's right in my hometown too! It's actually about a one minute WALK from my house. It's going to be amazing and I'm so excited for it.

It starts on Monday!!
I haven't told the restaurant about this class yet but I can't see them having a big problem with it since it's only going to take up Monday evenings.

This long weekend was just that, LONG! On Friday I took out one of the kids I worked with this summer for a fun day. I took him to the park, and we had lunch at the restaurant I work at, we went to the batting cages, played some mini-putt, and some arcade games where he was able to save up enough coupons to earn two prizes. Then we went out for ice cream and I took him home. It was a bit of an expensive day on my part but it was nice to hang out with him in a different environment. His family is going through a lot at home right now so it was a nice break for him too.

Then Saturday, Sunday and Monday I worked long hours at the restaurant. I was always starving afterward and bought supper for D and I on my way home each night. I need to stop doing that. Tips were pretty good this weekend though so I don't think it's going to be too hard to entirely max out my TFSA now. Woo!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome weekend. I'm sure the kid had a blast and is truly grateful and will remember the day for a very long time.

    I don't think it is a problem that you bought supper for those few nights either given your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning ASL! It's also great for teaching too. I used it with my special needs student how had a literacy disability. She actually spelled more efficiently and accurately with her hands than with her pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually managers are really good about school, so I hope your restaurant allows the flexibility. I'm sure they will since your a great worker and they'd be hard up to find someone like you!

    ReplyDelete