1. Add $4500 to my TFSA. I jump started my maxed out TFSA at the end of 2011, so I only have $4500 of contribution room. It's okay if I take money from this account this year as well. I plan to buy a car with what I have saved, but I want to still put away $4500.
2. Add $1200 to retirement. I managed to save $1500 last year but with renting an apartment money is going to be a lot tighter in 2012.
3. Have $800 saved up for Christmas. I currently have $200 since I did not withdraw all of what I had saved for Christmas 2011.
4. Add at least $500 to a Camera fund. This fund may turn into a furniture or house fund as well.
5. Add at least $500 to my Travel Fund. No trips are planned for 2012, but I would love to have more saved for when we do plan a vacation.
6. Make an additional $4024. Double $2012! This is aside from teaching. This was easy to do last year since I took on a couple of summer jobs. I don't see this one being a problem.
7. Read at least 10 novels. I think I read 11 novels in 2011. I met my goal but just barely. Time definitely gets in the way but I have a big list of books I want to read so 10 should be doable.
8. Take another ASL course! I love the language and even though my grandpa won't see my progress I still think of him everytime I sign.
9. Stretch and strengthen. I was able to maintain my weight in 2011, but I really did not tone up at all, I hardly stretched either. I want to be more flexible and stronger by the end of 2012. My goal is to do push-ups and sit-ups until I can't do anymore and stretch daily.
10. Do a crafty project. This has to be a major thing too, not just a pillowcase or a picture. I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I really have no excuses.
11. Try 24 new recipes. This is only 2 per month. I often resort back to old recipes I already know, but will make an effort to break out the cookbooks more often and try something different.
12. Take a class. This could be anything! A fitness class, something educational. We will see what comes up!