About Me

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lemon of a Day

I received that phone call from the principal today. Didn't even get to have an interview. He said there were too many candidates that had more skills and experience. This whole lack of teaching thing is really getting me down lately. 

I decided to apply for the other board in my area as well again today. Spent some time updating everything on applytoeducation and called the HR lady. She said their supply list is full. The only way to have them look at your application once the supply list actually does open again is to have a reference from a principal in the board. I have a principal's reference but not within THAT board.

Do I take time off from potential jobs in my board in order to volunteer with the other school board to hopefully get a principal's reference in order to hopefully get a supply position if they decide to hire again? Is it even worth it?

There are days when I just want to leave the profession completely. It's what I want to do so badly but I can't wait another 3-4 years in this same position.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you did not even get an interview. Hugggsssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh honestly, I'm so sorry to hear that. It sucks that they got your hopes up and then just dropped you. *SIGH*

    Come north with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you got your hopes up and was disappointed. I have some friends in your field and it does seem rough to get your foot in the door, but most of them have made it after some initial turbulence and really enjoy it.

    I know how disheartening it feels to apply for jobs that you are educated for only to be turned down repeatedly. But your day will come! In my job-searching experience, I've always been turned down multiple times and then received two offers around the same time - your searching efforts are not in vain, keep at it and it will pay off. I really do believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lame. At least they didn't waste your time! Good luck, I am sure this is meant to be and something will happen eventually for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, here's the charity that I am going to be working for. They are based out of Collingwood, Ontario:

    http://www.elephantthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way to have them look at your application once the supply list actually does open again is to have a reference from a principal in the board. I have a principal's reference but not within THAT board.

    ReplyDelete