About Me

Monday, May 2, 2011

April Spending

April was a good month financially-wise. I had my income tax cheque come in and it was a three paycheque month. Gotta love those months! However I also spent a lot on clothes and bedding. I am very happy with those purchases though, no regrets! It was also a tough month, my grandpa passed away, and the job search is still continuing. My brother moved out and my family inherited a dog :) Here's how I did:

Car and Gas (15%) ACTUAL: 4%
Phone (4%) ACTUAL: 1%
Food (4%) ACTUAL: 0%
Restaurant (4%) ACTUAL: 1%
Personal/Medical (6%) ACTUAL 2% Haircut
Clothing (5%) ACTUAL: 9%
Gifts (2%) ACTUAL 2% Housewarming gift
Education (2%) ACTUAL 1% Smart Serve
Entertainment (4%) ACTUAL 1%
Everything Else (3%) ACTUAL: 7% Bedding set, bins, pillow
TOTAL (48%) ACTUAL 30%

Now let's look at the SAVINGS I managed to get to this month!
TFSA (35%) ACTUAL: 31%
Christmas (5%) ACTUAL: 7%
Computer (3%) 4%
RRSP (6%) ACTUAL: 19%
Travel Fund (3%) ACTUAL: 9%
TOTAL (52%) ACTUAL 69%

Wooo, glad I was under the spending category. It was definitely because I had that income tax return come in. I really liked that and hope that if I get a summer job that I can ask them to take off more income tax than normally required JUST so I can have a return next year too. Savings grew by $3600 this month! I am very pleased with that. A lot of my goals were reached and it's only May now. Now my focus is going to be the TFSA, and I hope to add a little more to travel, computer, and my RRSP before the year is over.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the savings! I should start tracking mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw. You did a great job in the savings department. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete