About Me

Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Friday, Friday...

I have pictures!!
This is what I made for my university roommate's baby shower. It's not until July but I got a little excited about starting the project. She doesn't know whether it will be a boy or girl yet so I will add pink or blue ribbons accordingly. The baby is due in June.

It's a diaper cake, it includes 123 size 2 diapers, 40 of them have little mother/baby quotes in them that I made on coloured paper. It also includes a green baby bottle in the bottom tier, and a playgrow toy as the topper. Again depending on whether it's a boy or girl I will add other coloured useful decorations like socks, teethers, and nuks.

Because my roommate and her husband grew up on farms I thought that I would also like to make their baby a taggy. I bought a bunch of ribbon and some John Deere fabric. When I get some time I will cut and sew these, pictures of finished project to come.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing idea for a project and gift. I was wondering what a diaper cake was and how you could have made it so early. I ashamed to say I thought it was an actual edible cake lol. Should have googled it but I figured I'd wait and see what you show. Great idea and excellent work. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Your friend will be so impressed and happy with your gift. I wonder how many days it will take to completely use up your gift!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diaper cake?! I learn something new every day ...

    What's a taggy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rafiki :)

    Jane, my guess is only about 2-3 weeks. Babies go through diapers like crazy.

    Two Degrees, well a taggy is....just you wait and see. I'll post a picture of one I made at some point this weekend. But basically it's a tiny blanket with a bunch of tags sticking out of it. Because kids love tags....what's the first thing a baby goes for a on a new stuffed toy? The tag, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! So cute and definitely a useful gift for the new mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you, Mum to be will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete