About Me

Saturday, June 4, 2011

May Spending

I've had better months than May financially-wise. I bought a few things, I had some car stuff to deal with, I bought a new phone, I started working at the aerial park and was hired for a waitressing position. It was also a lower than normal paycheque month :( Overall I did not do very well in May. I'm quite embarrassed to mention it at all but here we go.

Car and Gas (15%) ACTUAL: 18% Eeek!! had an oil change, a brake light fixed, my trunk latch fixed, along with a lot of gas.
Phone (4%) ACTUAL: 9% Eeek again! I bought a new phone and had to pay the bill for BOTH companies.
Food (4%) ACTUAL: 5%
Restaurant (4%) ACTUAL: 5%
Personal/Medical (6%) ACTUAL 5% Prescription and eyebrow waxing
Clothing (5%) ACTUAL: 3% Bought sweat pants, gloves for work, and a scarf
Gifts (2%) ACTUAL 7% Fabric and ribbons, gift card, book, shipping cost
Education (2%) ACTUAL 2% Boat Licence Exam
Entertainment (4%) ACTUAL 2% Thor, and beer
Everything Else (3%) ACTUAL: 7% Eeek! Phone case, ipod charger, dog collar, makeup, perfume, nail polish

TOTAL (48%) ACTUAL 63% MAJOR FAIL!!
Now let's look at the SAVINGS I thankfully managed to get to this month!

TFSA (35%) ACTUAL: 21%
Christmas (5%) ACTUAL: 0% Done with this category now
Computer (3%) 13%
RRSP (6%) ACTUAL: 0%
Travel Fund (3%) ACTUAL: 3%
TOTAL (52%) ACTUAL 37%
Well May wasn't a very good month for me. Major issues being low paycheque month, and spending lots on gas, gifts and phone. HOPEFULLY June will be a better month! I really need to get things in order! My main focus will continue to be the TFSA with a little going to travel, computer and rrsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment