So I applied for a lot of jobs for this summer and now I'm getting them. Eeek! I thought it would be a lot more difficult to actually get a summer job so I applied to several.
On Friday I had an interview with Community Living for a respite position. The woman called me on Thursday to ask me to come in for an interview and mentioned that she already had someone in mind for me to work with.
The interview went really well. The social worker told me a little about the two boys she would like me to work with this summer. It would be with a 6 year old boy on Mondays and Fridays all day in a day camp setting for $100 a day. Then I could also work with a 10 year old boy Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for at least 3 hours each day for $12.43 an hour. However both are ONLY for 6 weeks (until mid-August).
It sounds more teaching related than waitressing and the aerial park. However now I think if I do get this one for sure that I will have too much on my plate this summer. I don't want to run myself into the ground working this summer. Not really sure what to do though.
I don't really want to keep the aerial job because they have poor management and organization. However I do really like the job and people there, and I would feel bad quitting after only being there for a month. I WANT to keep the waitressing job I haven't even started yet just because I think it will be something different for me and I think it could help me get a waitressing position in my own town for the school year (since this restaurant is only open for the summer season). I WANT to do the community living job since it sounds interesting and would actually ADD to my teaching resume. Hmmm decisions!
For now though I am going to keep working at the aerial park. I worked Saturday and Sunday, and have shifts for next weekend as well. I don't want to do anything until I know I have the community living job for sure, and I won't know until June 24th at the latest. But I will have to decide what to do soon enough.