About Me

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Websites and Updates

Looks like I am not going to be moving out anytime soon. D doesn't want to sign a year lease and there are not too many options for places that do not require leases around here. :( I wish he had told me this earlier instead of getting me excited and even telling people about places we have seen. His reasoning is that he doesn't think he can stay at his job for another whole year. He wants/needs to get out of what he is doing (he is in construction and a lot of the company practices there are unsafe and the guys he works with are quite ignorant). Ugh. 

I heard about this show called Switched At Birth. It's about two daughters who were mistakenly switched at birth and figure this all out when they are sixteen. One girl grows up with rich parents, the other grows up with a single mom. The girl with the single mom also happens to be Deaf. It's a really cool show that also incorporates Deaf culture. I like it and watched all 10 episodes in the past two days. More come out in January!

I worked Thanksgiving weekend and made fairly good money. I think it will be our last busy weekend, the rest is going to be quite slow now. D took me on a hike on Monday to a trail neither of us had been to before. It was a nice time, we packed a picnic and then went out for ice cream afterwards. 

I received a phone call from a mom last night who wants me to do some respite with her son. Maybe I will get a few days doing that this year. 

I borrowed the next book in the Hunger Games series. Woo!

Some of my favourite websites are Hellogiggles.com. Awesome website with random articles. I try to read a few daily. I love to read Zits comics. I have done this daily for the past 3 yearsish, but was always a fan. I used to really enjoy For Better or for Worse as well until they stopped and decided to go back in time. I really liked the storyline of the adult kids. The Oatmeal is funny and sometimes educational. It teaches grammar and about beer and coffee and just has fun comics as well. What are some websites you really like or try to check out daily?

5 comments:

  1. Love the hunger games trilogy!!!

    Lately I am really into Pinterest. If you have never hear of it, read my blog cause i posted about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the apartment. Hopefully D will be able to find a job he enjoys more.

    Everything works out for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that show sounds good! And some sites I check out daily are.... Perez Hilton... Sadly enough. It makes me laugh. I probably shouldn't have told anyone that though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright that pinterest is pretty much my new favourite site. It reminds me of tumblr but easier to search for things you want. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, a fellow teacher recommended it to me back in January but I'd forgotten about 'The Hunger Games'. I'll have to put it on hold at the TPL.

    I like to check CuteOverload.com just to make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete