About Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Update

First I want to say thank you so much to all those that commented on my last post. I really appreciate your condolonces. It was a hard few days but it was really nice to share memories with the family.

This past weekend was the weekend we had scheduled to go ATVing. My mom told me I should go even though I was reluctant to go. But I'm really glad I did go. It got my mind off things and it was a lot of fun. We went for about 7 hours on Saturday and I drove my own bike. That night and Sunday we played games with D's family.

Tuesday was the funeral. It was a hard morning. D came along and I really appreciated his support being there. It was tough because it was the first time he has met my extended family. He did well though. It was really nice to share stories and memories and see pictures. After the funeral we met up at a hall and had some food. I was happy to see a lot of people come. There was quite a few Deaf people there as well. I had a chat with one cute lady that was Deaf. She met my grandpa at the same place I went to learn ASL in February.

That evening we met up at my grandpa's house and talked some more. My aunt showed us some pictures and quotes that grandpa had kept of things he thought were funny that family members had said. It was really nice. That day the family also decided that grandpa's dog would come stay with us!!!

She's a toy fox terrier. VERY SMALL!! She's 7 years old and so cute. Her name is Georgette (hehe I know!) and was the second love of my grandpa's life (first being my grandma). I'm SO happy we got her. My dad was very reluctant at first, hoping that another sibling would take her but she really grew on him over the past week and I think he is secretly pleased we ended up with her.

Now that my brother has moved out, she gets her own room! She is very curious and I'll have to upload pictures of her one of these days so you can see her. :)

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Georgette sounds adorable! I love her name. It's hard to say good-bye to loved ones - so glad you had a chance to remember the good times and celebrate her life with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to celebrate his life with your family. Having Georgette will be a definite change for all, and give you something to take your mind off of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgette! What a cute name. I think your grandpa would be pleased to know she'll be well taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see some pictures of her! :)

    ReplyDelete