About Me

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June Spending

Ugh oh. I already know June was a really bad month financially. I am happy I even managed to save any money. I bought several cooking items (jam equipment, baking equipment, and a salad spinner). I got my hair done, I bought several pairs of shorts and things for work. I spent a lot on gas. Anyway here I am fessing up..
Car and Gas (15%) ACTUAL: 12% Only spent on gas, woohoo no car issues!
Phone (4%) ACTUAL: 4%
Food (4%) ACTUAL: 4%
Restaurant (4%) ACTUAL: 6% Need to cut down on this one!
Personal/Medical (6%) ACTUAL 5% Bought some nail stuff and got my hair did
Clothing (5%) ACTUAL: 13% Oops! I knew this one was going to be bad.
Gifts (2%) ACTUAL 6% Gift card, books for the kid I tutor, scrapbook items
Education (2%) ACTUAL 0%
Entertainment (4%) ACTUAL 1% Movies, and wine
Everything Else (3%) ACTUAL: 12% Eeek! Another really bad one. This was lotion, sunscreen, vitamins, pens and a change purse for work, the cooking equipment.
TOTAL (48%) ACTUAL 62% MAJOR FAIL!! That's awful.

Now let's look at the SAVINGS I thankfully but hardly managed to get to this month!
TFSA (35%) ACTUAL: 26%
Christmas (5%) ACTUAL: 0% Done with this category now
Computer (3%) 3%
RRSP (6%) ACTUAL: 0%
Travel Fund (3%) ACTUAL: 3%
TOTAL (52%) ACTUAL 31%

Wow, June was just as bad as May. July can't be worse. I have now started the summer jobs so the income should be coming in soon. I didn't spend everything I earned this month either. Usually I spend a bit and save the rest but some is still just sitting in my bank account so that will help with next month too.

The focus for July will be the TFSA, spending less in general, and working as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. You have goals that keep you busy for this month so there should be some improvement but you didn't do too bad so don't beat yourself up. Most importantly you had fun and are happy without incurring any debt.

    ReplyDelete