About Me

Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Goals

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, was Santa good to you?

Financial
  • Pay off the $5000 I owe to my family (This is my priority right now)
  • Contribute $4000 to TFSA (which will also serve as my E-fund)
  • Save at least $500 for Christmas (approx $60 per month, as I want birthdays and wedding gifts to go in here too, but by Christmas 2010 I want to have $500 in that account)
  • Start and contribute $1000 to Retirement (Won't start this until after debt is paid off)
  • Make an additional $2010 in ways other than teaching (tutoring, babysitting, summer and holiday part-time job, etc)
  • Save $300 for a shopping/travelling trip (BF and I were talking about going to the states for a NFL game, I want to do some shopping if this happens)
  • Purchase my parents a new freezer and/or couch set (my parents are going on a vacation in Feb for their 25th wedding anniversary. I wanted to redo the basement for them but there would be some issues there, so my brother and I were talking and we want to hoepfully replace their freezer which is probably as old as my mom, and/or get them a MATCHING couch set as a nice suprise for when they return) This will prolong my debt but it will be worth it.
Personal
  • Stretch everyday (I am not flexible at all and I want to work on this)
  • Complete a 5k run (hmmm since I hate running this will likely be the hardest goal on my list)
  • Complete TWO American Sign Language courses (already signed up for one in Jan)
  • Read at least 12 novels (average of one per month, this can be done)
  • Complete a full-size quilt (completed a baby's quilt this year, next is full size, I think I want to try to do a rag quilt)
  • Volunteer twice at a new place (I already volunteer at a Girl Guides group, and at teen dances)
  • Learn how to crochet (maybe make a cute baby's blanket, or at least a dish cloth)

7 comments:

  1. You have definitely put some thought into this. A nice round group of goals in a variety of categories. I especially love the extra $2010 in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That goal to stretch and become more flexible is one of my goals too.

    I used to be SO flexible, now I'm just.. ugh. Not-Gumby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! I love the idea of stretching. I think that should be one of my goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stretching idea!

    I have never been flexible at all though so I have no fond memories of being so. =)

    If you need any help with the crocheting, let me know. I'm not sure how much help I can be online, but I do teach crochet classes (or at least have in the past). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like some good goals. Good luck acheiving them in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. FB and Asian Pear please stretch along with me!

    SS4BC I would love to learn how to crochet. I've heard that it;s a bit easier than knitting? I just want to complete one item at least, see if I like it. Probably will not start this goal for a little while though, that's great that you teach classes! I would love to see some more pictures etc of what you make to give me motivation haha. Loved your alternatives to wrapping paper blankets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Came by from Krystalatwork and Frugal Dreamer.

    I learned how to knit from some online videos. KnittingHelp.com. Right now I can only make a scarf but I'm signing up for classes.

    Oh and I want to start ASL again too :) Good luck!

    Blessings,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete