About Me

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Aftermath :)

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! I had a great time.

On Christmas Eve, D and I hung out. His sister's husband's family rented the arena in their town and we went up. I hung out with his sister and other girls skating while all the boys played hockey. It was nice to see D play hockey, he's really good!

We decided we weren't going to do Christmas gifts for each other. We left it too late and the trip was good enough. I'm happy with that decision. I picked up his family some wine and scratch tickets.

D went to church with his family and then I hung out with my cousin and D's friend. We just chatted and ate too much Christmas baking. Then I went to midnight mass with my family. Love the Christmas carols!

Christmas day was yesterday! It was a good time! I received a lot of things for my trip (scrapbook stickers, passport pouch, ID tags, travel toothbrush, etc), gift certificates to a local clothing store, a local restaurant, Walmart and Staples, shampoo, FIVE scarves, a computer mouse, $100, and candy. My brothers and parents were happy with what they received, felt nice to give them things they wanted too. My one brother got me an "I.O.U. one gift" hmmm I'll have to think about that one lol.

We had some snacks and took the traditional family picture. Then I headed to D's. We had a nice brunch there. His parents also bought me a gift. They got me a scarf, $50 and a beautiful red sweater. I tried it on there and kept it on for the rest of the day! D got a game called Who's Who for Christmas so we played that together. His parents have mistletoe up at their house too and I received a kiss from D under it which was cute!

I came back home for supper with my family. My brother actually made the turkey and everything this year. It was good. Then my brothers and I had a bit too much to drink before bed. It was a nice time with family. Such a happy day!

Today I was debating on going Boxing Day shopping but I really want to avoid the crowds. I was thinking I would go to the city to buy a luggage bag I liked the last time I was there that is on sale, but again, it will be too busy. I think I will see what my cousin and D's friend are up to today. D has a family Christmas to attend at his grandma's. I have my dad's family Christmas to go to tomorrow. That one is always "interesting..."

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. You sound well supplied for your trip. I bet you can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas.

    I promise you the countdown stops, I only put it in to give you all a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Christmas! That's thoughtful of people to get you things for your upcoming trip! :)

    ReplyDelete