About Me

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DEBT-FREE TODAY!!!!!!

Well at least OSAP debt-free. My final payment went through to OSAP today! I am now OSAP debt-free!!! I looked at the statement online today and then literally jumped up and down. Was nice!

In 17 months I paid off $31,000!

What would I do with $31,000??? Oh to have that money back! I would save $20,000 toward a downpayment on a house, $5000 into a TFSA, $3000 into an emergency fund, and $3000 toward a car fund.

Now just $5000 more that I owe to my family then I will really be debt-free. Yay!

9 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!! Congrats to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing feat. Congratulations to you! Don't dwell on the $31 000 you have paid out, but rather think of what possibilities you have with that much $ per month now. A great start for someone in their 20s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you!!
    Yes I am happy that I will have more money now, I'm not dwelling on it. It was a great investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! For some reason I've been reading your debt bar as $3,976! I missed an entire digit! This is waaaaay more impressive than I thought.

    You should be very proud of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, congratulations, this is so impressive!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFC - that is funny! I wish it had only been $3976!

    Jessie - thanks! I know you will be done your student loans in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! That's a huge accomplishment, you should be really proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! You must feel great :P

    ReplyDelete