About Me

Sunday, November 8, 2009

House Envy


Serendipity discussed in her last post her dream house and wanted to know what the dream house was like for others.

I too have a lot of house envy. Living at home with family is nice, but I would love to have a place of my own. More space! I have a friend that is getting married next summer and just bought her grandma's house last month. I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately is too expensive for me at this point.

I think what will happen is that I will move to where the boyfriend lives, and rent an apartment together. Live there for a couple of years and save up for a house while starting our careers. Then get married and move into a house. It's a dream of mine to move into a house once I get married.

What that house would look like:
  • It would be located in a small town
  • 3-4 bedrooms (future for kids, and a workspace area for lesson planning, crafting)
  • 2 bathrooms
  • Open concept
  • Large enough living room for entertaining and playing games
  • Large kitchen is important, with dining area attached or in same area (likely the space where most of the time is spent)
  • A den area for watching movies, and playing wii
  • Big enough backyard for gardening and playing
  • Garage (place to store bikes, yard equipment, and of course car, double garage would be even nicer)
  • Enough storage space throughout and large closets in each bedroom, preferrably walk-in for the master bedroom
  • Lots of windows, bright space
I look at the MLS and Property Guys listings online at least once a month, just to see what is out there and how much people are expecting for a house. I also love watching shows like Moving Up, Holmes on Homes, Trading Spaces, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, etc. I look forward to decorating. Hopefully this can one day happen! 3 year plan?? What does your dream house look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment