I too have a lot of house envy. Living at home with family is nice, but I would love to have a place of my own. More space! I have a friend that is getting married next summer and just bought her grandma's house last month. I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately is too expensive for me at this point.
I think what will happen is that I will move to where the boyfriend lives, and rent an apartment together. Live there for a couple of years and save up for a house while starting our careers. Then get married and move into a house. It's a dream of mine to move into a house once I get married.
What that house would look like:
- It would be located in a small town
- 3-4 bedrooms (future for kids, and a workspace area for lesson planning, crafting)
- 2 bathrooms
- Open concept
- Large enough living room for entertaining and playing games
- Large kitchen is important, with dining area attached or in same area (likely the space where most of the time is spent)
- A den area for watching movies, and playing wii
- Big enough backyard for gardening and playing
- Garage (place to store bikes, yard equipment, and of course car, double garage would be even nicer)
- Enough storage space throughout and large closets in each bedroom, preferrably walk-in for the master bedroom
- Lots of windows, bright space