About Me

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life Is So Expensive!

I going through Gail's website last night and came across the questions page. This one woman asks how to prioritize the things she wants in life, wedding, house, car, retirement savings, etc, in addition to having a small student loan. I think about this a lot in my own life. How am I ever going to be able to start life?

Supply teaching is great, but the paycheques are irregular which makes it difficult to stick to a savings budget. I would like to save for a downpayment, house furniture, have some money in retirement savings, and get married within 2 years, but is this possible? I will have to do some calculating to see what I need to save in the next 24 months to have some of these goals possible. Will post more on that later.

In the meantime, check out the beginnings of my quilt. Look past the uneven squares and the lack of ironing!




Can someone help me to rotate these pictures? That is not how I took them, and not how I have them on my computer, only on blogger...hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the sewing project! The quilt square looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I've made 2 quilts in my life (with help from mom) and I vow to never do it again. Too much work for me. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :) I want this one to be done so that I can start the "real" one. This was basically a practice one.

    Financial Catastrophizer: it's nice that you have made quilts before though, and that you know how to sew. I think it's a great skill to have! Maybe you will get into it again later.

    I also just realized, that the quilt matches my blog layout! Totally planned....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go on a vacation somewhere sunny. I haven't been able to, and it's something that I will probably do when my OSAP loan is done.

    I think Life in general is a bit slower when you are a casual-working teacher with student loans :( There is so much uncertainty about whether you will have work or not that it makes it hard to plan for this major life events.

    I like your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete