About Me

Friday, October 30, 2009

Lump Sums

Today was payday. I got paid $480. And for one of the first times I didn't make a lump sum payment toward OSAP. Pretty much every payday since July 2008 I have been making extra payments on my student loan based on what I could afford until next payday. But now I am going to be watching my account grow until I have $5000 to give to my family. They gave it to be at the end of Feb 2009, so my goal is to have it paid back at the end of Feb 2010, giving just over $100 in interest. They said no interest, but it's a small way to say thank you. I'll likely have a debt-free party then too and take them out to dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! In a very short period of time you will be out of debt and really making some serious savings! Hopefully a more full-time job will come your way and then you'll really be set!

    ReplyDelete