About Me

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What Is On Your Christmas Wish-List??

Last night my boyfriend (I should really give him a name soon) were talking and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Usually I can come up with a pretty good list of things I want/need. But this year, especially because I am living at home, I really don't have any needs, or even many wants. I told him of a couple of children's books I wanted for school but that's it. I really don't want anything from him, he's been so generous but I know he will want to get me something.

I really want to learn how to machine-sew (and quilt) and so I would like a sewing machine eventually, but I think I can practice on my mom's first. Maybe I can ask for tickets to see a show or gift card to a restaurant so we can enjoy it together?? I always enjoy board games as well. Hmmm, I know my brothers and my parents will be asking me as well....what's on your wishlist??

4 comments:

  1. I've never been good at coming up with Christmas wish lists... I think gifts should come from the heart - and if I just tell you a bunch of 'stuff i want' that really isn't the point of Christmas...

    ps. I call my boyfriend by his real name :) and even if you tell us it's a fake name, you could still use his real name b/c no one will know but you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - food processor
    - Mixer
    - some cookbooks
    - new jeans *clearly need new jeans because of my expanding butt because of cooking ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think gifts are best when they come from the heart as well, but sometimes people request lists as well. It's tricky for some people to come up with gift ideas.

    Sounds like you will be busy in the new year Yummyfoodgal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you don't want anything, why don't you guys come up with an experience that you share together that would cost about the same as the gifts you would get for each other - and split the cost as the gift to each other.

    Maybe a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast, or wine tasting, or going to an amusement park or nice zoo or something of that nature. Or going skiing together. Something that will be memorable (take pictures!) but not a physical gift. Especially if there is nothing that you particularly "want". =)

    ReplyDelete