About Me

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Interesting Weekend

I've had a great weekend so far! I hope you have too!

I went to my course with my mom on Friday. We stopped for supper and then she dropped me off. She then checked into the hotel and checked out her old boarding school (glad I was never sent to a boarding school). I had a fantastic course. She picked me up when it was over and we went back to the hotel. We wanted to go to the gym they have there but it was "under construction for the next two weeks." That doesn't help us.

Luckily I was prepared and I brought my own hand weights and the 30 Day Shred. My mom is also doing this program but not in consecutive days but she decided she wanted to do it with me that night. Problem: only one set of weights.

Solution: fill up a purse with water bottles and use an iron.

I think we spent the first 5 minutes working our abs due to laughter. We traded back in forth throughout the 20 minutes using the real weights and the iron/purse. Little did we know, that this iron was one that could hold water and it leaked! So I lay down to do some crunches and I end up in a puddle, I scream and my mom says it's probably just sweat. Uhhh no, I do not sweat puddles. Was "refreshing" I guess.

We then watched the final episode of Conan and went to sleep. Today we woke up, went for breakfast and then I went to class and she did some shopping at the mall. I love learning ASL. It's such a passion. The only complaint I have about this class is that he ends too early. He always lets us out at least an hour early, and gives us an hour lunch break. I would much rather stay and learn for an extra hour. However during lunch those of us that stayed in the class were able to converse with each other and the teacher which was a great learning experience.

We drove home today which was nice, chatting about things going on for two hours. I have been spending the better part of my night watching ASL music videos on youtube. Some are just incredible and I've watched them at least 10 times and am still loving them. Tomorrow is my last class for this course. I am glad the driving will be over and feel like I have already learned a lot. I look forward to my next course in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment