About Me

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life Sure is Expensive!

Yesterday Asian Pear talked about how working is expensive. Today SS4BC discussed how dating is expensive. Life in general is so expensive!!

My two university roommates are coming up this weekend. I have not seen them since the summer so it will be nice to catch up. However, I already know it's going to be a costly weekend. I went to the grocery store to get the basics (some snacks and pizza) and it was over $40. I know we will end up going out for supper, and tubing. Hopefully we can stay in as well to play some board games and hang out. Friends sure are expensive. Anything social can be expensive!

Once in a while it's worth it though, worth the extra splurge on a weekend to have some fun.

I am working tomorrow, just for a morning, so that makes 2.5 days this week, not too bad. I only have 2 days available to work next week as I am working at the rec centre on Wednesday and then I am driving my parents to the airport to go to Florida then going to see the BF and staying for the weekend since it's on the way.

We are going to see a concert on Thursday night, Friday we are having a party with some of his high school and university friends, then Saturday we are going to see a play that he got me tickets for back in November. It will be a busy weekend, but good. He has also promised to take me out for dinner and a lunch. YAY!

In other news, J.D. Salinger, the author of "The Catcher in the Rye" passed away today at the age of 91. That is my favourite "real" novel! Real means something other than chick-lits. He was a very reclusive man, and I read that he continued to write a lot but did not have them published because it was writing for pleasure. He locked up these books in a safe in his house. I wonder now that he has passed away if they will ever be published and if they will be as good as "The Catcher in the Rye."

Also in other real news, did you hear that they found another person buried in the rubble in Haiti yesterday? A 16 year old girl, Darlene Etienne. 15 days after the intial earthquake. How amazing is that!! They said it was unlikely she would have survived even a few more hours. Really puts things in perspective doesn't it? I hope she and all the other survivors are doing well and getting aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment