About Me

Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm Moving Out!!!

In my last post I mentioned that I decided to move in with BF for the rest of the summer after we get back from Holland. This is very exciting yet a bit scary for me.

I always thought that I would not move in with my partner until after marriage. But I guess this is kind of like a trial marriage for us, plus I think it makes the most sense. We have been together for over 6 years as well.

I want to eventually work where he lives, to be closer, since it is easier for me to move my work because he will be established and working full-time very soon.

We are already going to Holland together for 3 weeks, so as a teacher that takes up almost half of my summer off. Where am I going to work for the month of August? So we talked about it and decided that I could live with him for that month. I would apply to places in his city to work for that month and hopefully work at least part-time for the month while he is working full-time at his new job.

ALSO, this works out because I thought about it, and staying until at least mid-September would also work out very well for us. I do not start getting supply calls until closer to the end of September, so if I stuck around with him until I started receiving calls I would have an opportunity to volunteer in the schools in his area to hopefully gain some experience and get noticed to better my chances of getting an interview with the school boards in his area.

There is an apartment available above the clinic he will be working at. His mom owns the clinic and apartment, so hopefully a good deal on rent could be negotiated, especially if BF does some work around the clinic, shovelling snow, clean up, repairs, etc.

Nothing is set in stone yet, all just things that could happen. But the apartment is very nice. He is having this meeting that will negotiate rent, salary, benefits, etc in March. I am already getting anxious for this meeting, as I want to know the numbers now. You know how we PFers are. But right now I am very excited, we have already looked at furniture!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be an excellent test run! Have you talked about how you will split expenses and what not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. that's a big 180 since you were unsure before. but really exciting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AP do you mean unsure about living with him until after marriage you mean? Yeah, for sure, but I think it will be a good thing. I'm hoping, it's a trial anyway so it will be interesting. Will be the trip and then he is coming back to my town with me for a few days and then we go back to his city to move in and then I'm going to be staying for a month and a half. Will be about 2.5 months together. I hope we don't get too sick of each other ha!

    Jessie, we have not talked about expenses yet. We will talk about that when he finds out the rent etc, and I find out if I can get a job for the month of August.

    He and his mom said that he should support me while I'm there especially while I'm volunteering in schools, but I wouldn't be able to do that. I like to contribute as much as I can. That is why I will be moving back home when I start to get supply calls coming in, I can't just live relying on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, that is a big step! And congratulations on the trip and the move-in. I find myself in a potentially similar position but I haven't talked about it on the blog yet since I don't have all the pieces together.

    Never thought I'd seriously consider cohabitation as an option before!

    Good luck with the splitting expenses talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh post on it when you have more of the pieces together. I'm interested!!

    ReplyDelete