About Me

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things

Wow a week ago I was a total mess. Today I am feeling great! I definitely know I made the right decision. I still am unsure what I want in life exactly but this break has made me realize I have a ton of options.

I applied to several jobs within my school board but I did the same last year and never heard back so I'm expecting the same response. So I have been thinking about applying to teach overseas perhaps or in another province, maybe a developing country. I really don't know where I will be in a year.

I was talking to a friend last night and he asked me what was on my bucket list. Do you have one? What's on it??  I have a lot of goals in life, i.e. to learn more sign language, to have a career in teaching, to get married, to have kids, to do something important. That one stuck out between the both of us. He also wants to do something important, leave something behind that will make the world a bit better for another person.

He has been to Nicaragua and helped to build a community centre. He thought the experience was great and wants to do something else similar like that. I think that is a great thing to do, what an amazing experience that would be! My cousin does something like that every year in Peru so I might look into that as well, although I would be particularly fond of going to an African country. Lots of options!

I still have not paid off my family loan. It's been so hot I have been keeping cool at home and not going out. But tomorrow is supposed to rain so I might get down to the bank then. I also called my employers at the rec centre and told them my plans have changed and I will be around for the summer if they needed someone at any time. They already have work for me on Friday! Also I may be working for the month of August but we will see.

Things are really looking up. However, XBF has texted me twice and emailed me twice as well. I responded to one of the emails just saying that I did get his messages (he asked if I was receiving them) and that I was glad the Netherlands won in soccer. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, I don't know the rules of a breakup.

Hope everyone is keeping cool :)

3 comments:

  1. There are no rules in a breakup !!!!
    We are keeping cool here in Oz it,s Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do whatever feels right. WHen I broke up with my ex we talked quite a bit initially. We both knew the break up was right but it was hard to cold turkey the no contact thing. So we kept talking until it became awkward. I'm glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the etiquette is to keep it as civil as possible when it's a decision you made like this one.

    I'm more of a "never speak again" girl, it turns out, but I didn't know that until I passed three break-ups.

    I actually dropped by to tell you I blogged about the moving in thing but now it seems totally inapprop since the reason you were interested was because it was on your mind!

    I'm glad you're doing relatively alright, though.

    ReplyDelete