About Me

Friday, July 2, 2010

Everything Is Fine...

Kids always preface something bad with that line.

I broke up with BF. I got really nervous over the weekend thinking about going to Holland. I thought about us and wasn't sure if we were right for each other.

He is SUCH a great guy. So nice, kind, generous. But...I just don't know, there was something missing I guess. You know that feeling? I think you are supposed to just know when someone is the one, and I wasn't feeling it. I so wanted to, but couldn't.

So I called him (lives 4 hours away, and we both worked the next day) and told him I didn't want to go on the trip anymore. I told him why and we cried. He told his parents that night who were also shocked. If things do work out things are going to be really complicated with his family, they are so nice but I really hurt their son/brother. Then we worked the next day. Thank God for work, really helped me get through that next day.

He texts me at work and asks to come see me. I told him I would come see him the next morning. Then after work I get a text that he is on his way. So I meet him and we talk. It was sad but it was good to talk in person. I saw him the next day too and we went for a drive and a walk. Joked how every song is about love. It's true!!

Then he left. They are now all in Holland. I really hope he enjoys his trip. Things have been okay for me here. I've been keeping busy. I think a break up is a bit easier if you are long distance because you are used to having to be apart and do your own thing. I know everything will be okay either way.

I think I need some time to myself. Surround myself with friends and go out lots to figure out what I really want. I was with BF for 6.5 years. It's going to take some time to think.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. Was worried. It will be a big summer of adjustment for you. I hope things work out ok for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are not 100% sure that he is the person for you, it is always better to end it then keep going just for the sake of being with someone. I was with someone for 5 years and near the end, the only reason we stayed together was because we'd been together for so long.

    I hope you stay strong and make the best decision for you, whatever it is. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if that had happened, and I am sorry that you have to go through this. Like Morgaine said, you have to be 100%. I wasn't with my ex-husband, but married him anyway. I have 3 beautiful kids who I wouldn't trade for the world, but if I were back in that moment again, I would choose differently now.

    Wishing you all the luck I can muster and hope everything works out as it should. **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are okay, but a break-up after 6.5 yrs together has got to be tough. Hang in there and know that you did what you needed to do for YOU. When one door closes another one opens. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You kno what? 6.5 yrs together is a long time and you guys have been young during those years. I only say it like that because people grow, especially in their 20's. I'm such a different person now being 24 then when I was 20, starting my relationship with Rambo. Sometimes people grow up and it doesn't mean their anyless of people, it just means they grew apart. And if thats what happens here, its better to know now then later. If you need anything, I'm here hun. You seem like a great girl and things are going to work out for you, I just know it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. It's no good no matter how you slice it. I hope everything really is fine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, somehow I had a feeling this was the reason.
    Even if it were the right thing to do (as you believe it is) I'm still sad for you as like you said, break ups are NOT easy. Especially after so long.

    Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought... Maybe this was the case but I thought I was wrong with all the talk about moving in and whatnot. You had to do what you had to do. It's better this way. I hope you two will still be friends after some healings been done. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes a lot of strength to say something when you just don't feel it. It's better to do something about it now than coast along with something you're not happy with.
    It's never easy though. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes a very strong person to be able to make the decision you did. While it might be difficult, continue to stay strong. You never know what the future will bring you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about that. I was worried that was what happened. I dated a guy from age 15 to 22 (yep....7 years) and then we broke up. We had just changed too much during that time and became friends instead of more than that. From my own experience I believe you will likely go through a period of mourning. For me, (even though I did the breaking up) it was like losing a big piece of yourself. The goals and plans you had are now no longer and you have to find your own way. It was difficult but also the best experience. I wish you the best and good for you for knowing what you needed.

    ReplyDelete