About Me

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Baaacckkk

Didja miss me? LOL just kidding.

I have a lot of blog catching up to do now. But I just wanted to give a brief update on the past two weeks in Dominican!

We left and I felt really sick on the plane. I was super cold and the entire first day I was wearing sweaters and a coat in tropical weather. I slept and woke up much more refreshed.

D on the other hand got what I had AND a cold and we ended up having to go to the doctor for him. Thankfully I bought medical insurance at the last minute! They gave him an IV and about a million prescriptions. Our first 4-5 days pretty much sucked, glad we went for two weeks!!

Anyway those were the downsides. The highlights....

I went snorkelling for the first time on Paradise Island!

I am now PADI SCUBA certified to 60feet/18metres! I ABSOLUTELY love it!!! Being able to go deep underwater is soo cool!!

We saw a ton of animals, a monkey, a parrot, an iguana, lots of birds and fish, a gecko.

We played ping pong and laughed so hard, he took me on a catamaran, and we went kayaking

We met people from Ontario that were super cool, old and young

I learned more about D, I think we became closer

Ocean swimming

The FOOD.....mmmm fresh bread with literally every meal (I think I gained at least 5lbs), and the FRUIT mmmm fresh pineapple....so delicious!!

We jumped and slid down 7 waterfalls. Super scary but amazingly exciting!

Oh I'm sure there are a million things I'm missing. It was a really good trip, I'm sad to be back but it was time to come back to reality. It was funny on the plane when people booed and even gasped when the snow-covered land came into view on the flight. Definitely back to cold reality.

Hope everyone had a fantastic new years!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a fantastic time! And I missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed your posts, nice to see you back.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! Let's go diving together!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. sounds like you had an AWESOME time! glad you're back though cuz we did miss you! :D

    ReplyDelete